Hilary J. Sumner
Registered Patent Attorney
Intellectual property and compliance issues have been central to my career both as an engineer and an attorney.
I began my career in 1994, working as an engineer within the Labware Division of Becton, Dickinson & Co. During my service I was responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance and overseeing quality assurance within the department. In 1999, I started a consulting business where I worked with a number of manufacturing companies. This experience provided me with a diverse background in electrical and mechanical devices, medical devices, vision inspection systems, software, and business methods.
An interest in patents prompted me to pursue a law degree at the University of Connecticut. While there I centered my studies on business and intellectual property law. Over the years, I have enjoyed counseling clients on a variety of matters and have worked diligently to build a reputation for professional excellence.
I love working with inventors, artists and start-up companies. As a small business owner I understand the challenges you face and I look forward to helping you create assets from your innovations.
Email me: email@example.com
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- B.S., Materials Engineering
- J.D., University of Connecticut
Bar Admissions & Accreditations
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs
Memberships & Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lebanon County Bar Association
- Science Research Institute, Board Member
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer